Emily's Reviews > The Letter Q: Queer Writers' Notes to their Younger Selves

The Letter Q by Sarah Moon

Jul 05, 12

bookshelves: 2012-reads
Read from June 25 to July 05, 2012

I truly enjoyed this book and I am very glad that I have a hard copy and not an ebook. This book contains a collections of letters from contemporary LGBT authors and illustrators to their younger selves. In these letters they give advice about love, relationships, bullying, feeling different, depression, life, and give their younger selves hope for the future. While This book was created to help LGBT youth, the letter can be inspiring and provide advice to anyone who was ever bullied, felt alone or different, disliked their body, felt misunderstoond, etc... These issues are common to everyone!

As I said, I am glad I have a hard copy of this book, because I can think of many people who I would like to share it with. It is not necessarily the kind of book you sit and read cover to cover, but read a few letter a day and take the message with you!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Letter Q.

06/25/2012 page 56
07/03/2012 page 185
66.0% "I am enjoying this book immensely!! It has the right mix of honesty, humor, poignancy, and heart. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone whether you are gay, bi, transgender, or straight. The advice is helpful to anyone who has been made fun of, or bullied, or felt like they didn't belong."