Nicole's Reviews > Running Out of Time

Running Out of Time by Margaret Peterson Haddix

F 50x66
May 24, 2012

bookshelves: yal-sis-gee-1-12

** spoiler alert ** Jessie is a young adult living in 1840, or so she thought. It is actually 1996 and Jessie has been living in a village called Clifton which is actually a tourist attraction. The adults living in Clifton volunteered to live in this simulation and agreed to let people watch them live their everyday lives as if it where in the 1800s. When diphtheria comes to the village and there is no medicine to cure it, Jessies mom sends her to the real world to get help. Jessie had never seen most of the things in 1996 so she had a hard time but she finally made it to the person she was supposed to contact, but something went wrong and now she has to do something about that too.

I like these kind of books, where they are in a different "world" and get to experience another. I like how they portray the different things in the real world, according to Jessie, phones, cars, and other things. I would recommend this book to anybody, and I would reccomend Margaret Peterson Haddix to anybody. She doesn't write about how life really is, she puts a twist on it that probably really wouldn't happen.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Running Out of Time.