Nicole's Reviews > Just Ella

Just Ella by Margaret Peterson Haddix

F_50x66
May 24, 12

bookshelves: yal-sis-gee-1-12

Ella is a regular girl living with her step mother and step sisters when at a ball she meets the Prince and is whisked away to the castle to become his Princess. The story starts with Ella in her room in the castle, she is cold and she wants to start the fire but last time she did she was reprimanded. She is finding it really hard to fit in with the rest of the palace and it forever getting in trouble for the things that she does that do not fit the description of Princess. Every week is she allowed to talk to the Prince. She realizes something, and tries to act on that only to be thrown in jail. From there she comes up with a plan.

This book is a fantasy book and I liked reading it. I like the attitude of Ella and how she did something about her problem instead of just letting it happen. I also liked how not everyone in the castle looked down upon her. There was Mary, the little servant girl that snuck her food, and told her the going ons in the castle. There was Jed, her teachers son, who became her teacher and didn't treat her like a Princess but a person and loved her for who she was.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Ella.