Michelle's Reviews > Improper Relations

Improper Relations by Juliana Ross

May 27, 12

Read in May, 2012

This is one book that you can finish in one sitting--a perfect quick historical romance read for those who enjoy this genre.

Improper Relations is a story told from Hannah's POV. She's a widow and an unpaid companion to her husband's aunt. She caught Leo, her husband's cousin, together with one of the housemaids in the library while she was still in it but she never left. Intrigued, she could only watched in curiosity. Never did she know that he was aware of her presence! What will you get when you put a wicked lord together with a curious lady?

I like Hannah's character. She's brave in a way, admitting her curiosity to Leo when he called her down from her hiding place and even more so when she allowed him to demonstrate certain things. So things went on and good things often comes to an end sooner or later. There were decisions Hannah had to make and I had to applaud her for that.

Leo the wicked Lord indulged in Hannah's curiosity. He was a playboy and good-for-nothing as per Hannah's knowledge. It came to me as a surprise as to what he had and could do though I shouldn't be too surprised because there's emphasis of him being a wastrel second son of a Marquess... Nevertheless, I still have a soft spot for romantic characters.

However, I do feel that the ending was a rushed, never going into much details about the aftermath except for a short epilogue. Overall, Improper Relations is a steamy historical romance reads with great characters and is recommended to all who enjoys reading this genre. I'm looking forward to reading more from the author.

Disclosure: I received an eARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Improper Relations.