Sara 's Reviews > The Principal's Office

The Principal's Office by Jasmine Haynes

May 30, 12

Read from May 24 to 30, 2012

I really enjoyed this book. I had read Past Midnight as it was the first book in this series but it is not necessary to enjoy The Principal's Office. Neither is the second book which I passed on.

Rachel is a divorced mom of two boys. She lives with the stereotype that mothers should not be sexy, not want sex and God forbid actually LIKE sex! One morning Rachel meets a handsome stranger at the grocery store who will rescue her orange juice from the top shelf and later rescue Rachel in more ways than one. From the first meeting, Synchronicity takes over...

The dynamic between Rachel and Rand (Principal Torvick) is nothing short of steamy. The conversation where Rachel sets the rules is wonderful but once Rand reveals his rules the heat gets turned up more than one notch!

I really liked the involvement of Rachel's sons in the story. Ms. Haynes is a wonderful story teller who blends the everyday with a fantasy. There is no billionaire there to buy you Audi's, no strong but silent man who falls into money and can solve every problem you may have whether you like it or not. She places Rachel and Rand in real life situations and lets them lean on one another to fight their battles. It is not only an erotic novel but you see the intimacy of a couple develop outside of the bedroom where true intimacy lives.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Principal's Office.

05/25/2012 page 18
05/27/2012 page 93
29.0% "Do NOT try to read this part of the book; drink a Cosmo and chop Brussels Sprouts for dinner! I almost lost a finger."
05/28/2012 page 151
47.0% "Finally in The Principals Office!"
05/29/2012 page 271
85.0% "OMFG! I want to punch Gary in the throat." 2 comments
show 6 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily Is this series any good?

Sara Not sure yet. I didn't realize it was a series until I just added it. I had it as a sample on my Nook for awhile but kept reading other things. The sample was not presented as a series. Hmmm?

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily The first one seems interesting that is why I asked. I guess I will find out...lol

Sara Emily wrote: "The first one seems interesting that is why I asked. I guess I will find out...lol"

Okay Emily, it is a series. The lead in this book is in the 1st so I will table this one and read them in order.