Dayna's Reviews > What's a Disorganized Person to Do?

What's a Disorganized Person to Do? by Stacey Platt

May 31, 12

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read from May 24 to 30, 2012

Imagine an avid Pinterest user's "Organize" board put into book form, and this is it. It's a collection of tips and techniques for organizing your home, room by room. As other reviewers have said, it's not all that original. If you're already a very organized person, or a collector of these types of books, you won't find it very helpful. But as a natural piler with disorganized tendencies, I found it to be very helpful. Although, it could be an advertisement for The Container Store. But I think it comes down to knowing yourself and what you will keep up with. I don't think every closet, shelf, bin, tray, divider, rack, or peg board is necessary for every person, and I do not believe that you have to spend a lot of money on those things in order to be organized. Take Platt's example of the fork...forks go with forks. They have a place, you know where they go. After a fork has been used and washed and dried you put it back with the other forks. It doesn't have to be an expensive system in a fancy drawer. While not every tip is appropriate or useful for me, as I read from cover to cover I often found myself thinking, "That's a good idea."
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What's a Disorganized Person to Do?.

05/24/2012 page 92
33.0% "Amazing! It's like an "Organize" board on Pinterest, but as a book. It is, not ironically, organized well, and although you could read from different sections as they apply to your task(s), I find myself reading it straight through."