Hafsah Laziaf's Reviews > Jake and Lily

Jake and Lily by Jerry Spinelli

May 24, 12

Read in May, 2012

Originally Posted Here

Jake and Lily have been together ever since they were babies, they experience each other’s feelings and every night on their birthday the both sleepwalk to a train station. So when their parents suggest that it’s time to make some friends and have their separate rooms, Lily’s not happy; Jake doesn’t really care. But once Jake makes some friends, he forgets about Lily, and is suddenly mean to her. Lily’s alone, she has no friends to hang out with and she misses the old Jake. Will the twins ever be the same? Or together again?

Jerry Spinelli has done it again! In his funny new novel, Mr. Spinelli gives you a story written from both Jake and Lily’s point of view. Judging from the synopsis on the back, I immediately thought I would love Jake not Lily. As a matter of fact, I kept on thinking, come on Lily get a life, but towards the middle my feelings changed. I began to like Lily and loathe Jake. But I have to admit it was funny, and in some parts I kind of felt bad for Lily.

I’d give this book five stars, along with the cover (although it could’ve been a little bit jazzed up). This isn’t the first book I’ve read by Spinelli, and I've got to say, he’s one of my many favorite authors. I assure you, his books are really funny. So I’m pretty sure I’m going to read more from him. Be sure to pick this one up! It's already in stores :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jake and Lily.