Rachel at theJeepDiva's Reviews > Shadow's Edge

Shadow's Edge by J.T. Geissinger

Jun 10, 12

bookshelves: for-review, june-reading-challenge
Read from June 04 to 08, 2012

I really enjoyed reading this story. It was easy to read, exciting and suspenseful at times. I loved the romance in this book also. I give the book 5 stars because it is awesome and I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a great paranormal read this summer.

I like the twist to the shifter angle in this story. Instead of werewolves this a panther story. Some of the stronger shifters can even shift into other things. There have been famous Ikati throughout the world history including Cleopatra and Anne Boleyn. The Expurgari are the Ikati’s enemies and they are determined to eradicate the Ikati from the face of the earth. The centuries old feud between the Ikati and Expurgari have sent the Ikati into hiding on various continents and their population has dwindled. The Ikati are forced to stay in their communities and not venture out in fear of being caught by the Expurgari.

The characters in this story were great. They were well thought out and their back story on the main characters was interesting as well as informative. The hierarchy was explained well also so that we know who and why the decisions are made the way they are. You feel for the characters in this story and you understand their struggles. Their different attitudes really come through in the writing as well.

I really liked the setting. The descriptions of the landscapes especially the home lands of the Ikati sound beautiful. The land sounds dark, misty and forested. This is a place that I would be interested in seeing. I could picture it in my head as the story moves along. The Ikati themselves sound beautiful also.

I also like how in this story either before or after an Ikati shifts for the first time you start to see what kind of gifts that they will have. Some are stronger than others and some have more gifts than others. They may be able to read minds or persuade someone to do what they want or anything. I really liked this also.

All in all I really enjoyed this story. I look forward to reading the next one in the series. I would recommend the Night Prowler series to anyone who loves paranormal romance. This book will draw you in until the last page and leave you wanting more!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow's Edge.

06/06/2012 page 207