Judy's Reviews > How to Eat a Cupcake

How to Eat a Cupcake by Meg Donohue

U_50x66
May 23, 12

Read in May, 2012

When I began reading this book I thought it might be a 5 star but as it progressed, the plot seemed too contrived. This story (or fairytale) is set in San Francisco where we have two good looking, intelligent, hardworking, independent women who were raised together in a Pacific Heights home. One girl was the only daughter of the wealthy parents who owned the home and the other girl was the illegitimate child of an Ecuadorian teenager who became their cook. The two girls were raised together and both went to the same private schools. Their relationship unraveled in high school and the book begins 10 years later with the girls, now women, working together on a cupcake venture.

It took me two days of reading to finish this "fluff" book, or "sweet confection". The reason I call this a fairytale is that besides the two incredible women, there are two men in their lives with the same over-the-top qualities. Thus, this book would be a welcome read for women who are romantically minded. The addition of cupcakes described in such a manner as to be impossible to find (I say this because there is a cupcake bakery here that all the young women raved about and finally I went and bought two of the very pricey sweets and found that the cake part was no different than any blah cake and the frosting was triple the amount needed for a sugar/fat hit). I would very much like to purchase and savor the cupcakes described in the book, but alas, as I said, it is a fairytale.

There is a mystery woven throughout the book and this is where I have problems with the story. There are too many unbelievable parts to the mystery.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Eat a Cupcake.