Bo Davis's Reviews > Crazy Sexy Diet: Eat Your Veggies, Ignite Your Spark, and Live Like You Mean It!

Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr

F_50x66
May 23, 12

Read in May, 2012

I read CSD just after I finished "The Acid-Alkaline Diet for Optimum Health," so I had a pretty good understanding about the value of maintaining proper acid-alkaline balance. (I've been consistently checking my pH balance since I finished that book.) Throughout the book, Carr manages to treat a critically important, and in her case life-threatening, topic with appropriate seriousness dressed up in laugh-out-loud funny remarks, sassy girl talk, and comical irreverence for the disease that led her down the path wellness research. Her plant-based diet recommendations and explanations of the danger of acidosis are delivered in readable, humorous, and informative chunks that make it easy to read, assimilate, "practice," reflect, repeat. Lots of good information, including recipes and resources. I recommend reading CSD in addition to other books on the topic, since I've noticed some slight differences in the food chart data and dietary recommendations in the books I've read. All in all, I'm back to eating primarily plant foods, no coffee, only occasional wine, and very limited milk products (i.e., when I can get RAW). And, of course, I plan to dig my juicer out of its box as soon as I get to Washington!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy Sexy Diet.