Amy Nielsen's Reviews > Cry Wolf

Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs

May 23, 12

bookshelves: 2012-booklist, didn-t_finish

I was really confused in the beginning of this story because it felt like I started in the middle of a trilogy. The more I read, the more that feeling continued to linger. However, I checked several times and reconfirmed that this was book #1 of the Alpha & Omega series. Again, the feeling persisted so I wondered if this series followed another series so I did a more comprehensive search. Be warned...book #1 follows a book called "On The Prowl" which gives all the necessary background foundation for Cry Wolf.

If you were to read "On The Prowl" first, I think Cry Wolf would actually be a fairly decent read...nothing spectacular but diverting nonetheless. But, because the character development occurred in another book, I felt left out and disconnected to all of the characters and although I eventually figured out, for the most part, where the plot was going, I couldn't get into the story and felt that rather than backtrack to read "On The Prowl" and read it first, I'd just give up on the whole thing. It wasn't THAT terrific that I felt I would be seriously losing out on something life-changing. Perhaps "On The Prowl" should have been the first book in the series? I'm confused as to what's up with that anyway!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cry Wolf.