Brenda's Reviews > Embryo

Embryo by J.A. Schneider

Jul 23, 12

bookshelves: 2012-release, own-read, read-on-kindle
Read from July 20 to 21, 2012 — I own a copy

This medical thriller by debut author Joyce Schneider is brilliant! I could not put it down, and am so glad I read it!

The book begins with a happy, very pregnant Maria Moran about to cross the street at the traffic lights, when she became aware of something wrong. Suddenly her mouth was filled with blood, she felt dizzy and disorientated, and labour was instantly upon her.

On arrival at the famous fertility hospital, Dr David Levine and his colleagues were stunned by her diagnosis. And so began a day of utter chaos within the maternity section of the hospital, where two more pregnant women present with major problems, and a baby is born with extreme abnormalities, and soon died.

Young intern, Jill Raney is suspicious….she sees a connection to the pregnant women and the abnormal birth…but no-one else does. When a young teenager is murdered nearby, and her stomach drained of amniotic fluid, and another young woman miscarries in the hospital, then disappears, Jill is frantic. She has David (almost) believing her, and she begins covertly investigating, putting herself and David in danger. Her superiors are onto what she is doing, and have warned her, threatened her with her career, if she doesn’t behave.

But Jill puts her life, and her career on the line; as she digs deeper and deeper, and uncovers terrifying, horrifying evidence of links to all the victims, she can’t believe her own eyes! She becomes convinced she is going crazy….but is it her that is going crazy, or a more evil person out there playing with people’s lives?

This medical suspense thriller has everything…it is incredibly gripping, and you just have to keep reading to find out what will happen next! Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Embryo.

07/20/2012

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suzanne (new) - added it

Suzanne I just added it, thanks for the free link to purchase Brenda :)

Brenda Fabulous series Suzanne - I recently read #4 and loved it!

message 3: by Suzanne (new) - added it

Suzanne Finding the time! I wonder when I will get to it? I hope I like it as much as you did Brenda ;)

Brenda I'm sure you will, it's gripping!