Tara's Reviews > Pushing the Limits

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Aug 08, 12

bookshelves: 2012-debut-authors, 2012-ya-contemporary-challenge, contemporary, made-me-cry, mental-illness, swoon, books-i-own
Read from August 05 to 09, 2012

I didn't know much about this book when I started it but it didn't take me long to realise that this was a book for me! Simone Elekeles blurbs the book, and I love Simone's Perfect Chemistry series (Fuentes brothers...be still my beating heart) and Pushing the Limits is written with the same feelings. A good girl, Echo, who used to be popular experiences a devastating event and is then shunned by the popular crowd. A bad boy, Noah, who spokes dope, has tattoos, sleeps with a different girl every week...who woulda thought that these two could become intertwined so strongly. Me, me, me! I was holding my breath, ripping through the pages and savoring their interactions. What really held it together for me was the journey that each of these characters were taking. Both had major hurdles to get across including family, mental health, death and grieving and I felt that neither really believed in themselves. They believed in each other but when it came to themselves, they each felt they were weak and worthless. There were many times that I was choked up with tears, many times that I sighed with swoon and Echo and Noah definitely took me along for an emotional rollercoaster of a ride, which when I was finished, I was very satisfied.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pushing the Limits.