Jess's Reviews > Victorious Star

Victorious Star by Morgan Hawke

May 23, 12

bookshelves: 2012, romantica
Read in May, 2012

I was a little unsure of whether or not I would read this book and I've been on the fence for awhile now, but just decided to heck with it and give it a try. It was certainly intense both in the suspenseful plot and the sexuality of the characters. There were a lot of different kinds of non vanilla sex in this book and I think some people might feel uncomfortable in a few of the situations. There were some things I felt that twinge of discomfort reading including the whipping scenes. Some were a little too intense for my liking. There was also some BDSM, D/s, slave and pet, anal, DP and even one scene I found not to be my taste (view spoiler).

So just by reading what I've written so far, it sounds as though the whole book was just one big sexy time fest but there actually was a well written and intriguing plotline too. I didn't find myself skimming through the other stuff to get to the sex, nor was I skimming through the sex to get to the plot. I think that's a good sign of a well balanced book!

I think I will give the next book a try too, but I probably will take a bit of a break in between. I'll get to it in the summer perhaps.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Victorious Star.