Lani's Reviews > Numbers

Numbers by Rachel Ward

** spoiler alert ** The premise had a lot going for it but I ended up feeling pretty bored and annoyed throughout most of the book. It was really predictable too, which I hate.

As soon as Jem went up to the tower I knew what was going to happen and I didn't understand that she didn't realize that especially at the point that he was on the ledge too. As soon as they had sex I literally narrowed my eyes at the book, suspicious that she was going to wind up pregnant and low and behold, she does. I predicted that the gift would be passed to her child too. Those things didn't entirely spoil the book for me but it does take out some of the excitement.

Also I hate the whole middle part where they were running from the police. I mean, I get that the police force can be pretty corrupt and they were worried that Spider, as a young black man with a record, could wind up on the hook for the attack, but it still seemed kind of iffy that they would actually have come to any real trouble.

I may read the sequel. I'll at least put it on my TBR shelf for now. It does have a much higher rating, but reading the synopsis it sounds kind of like a replica of this book except with her son.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Numbers.