My Sister's Bookshelf's Reviews > Avalon High

Avalon High by Meg Cabot

May 23, 12

bookshelves: reviewed

I am pretty sure I was first introduced to Meg Cabot via The Princess Diaries, which was pulled, appropriately enough for this website, directly from My Sister’s Bookshelf. Being younger and more secure in her awesomeness than I am, Elizabeth has always been a little more willing to buy books that are pink with shiny tiaras on the cover. Thank goodness, for my sake! Years later, I bless my kindle for letting me read said tiara-clad book clandestinely. I would definitely still read it, but either me or the book might need a disguise. And books are hard to hide. And I look goofy in a beret, which is sort of how I’m envisioning myself disguised. So hooray for kindle! Now we can both buy tiara-books!

Anyways, I really am a diehard Meg Cabot devotee. There should be a name for us. Meg-Maniacs? Cabot’s Crew? Perhaps there already is one. Must investigate later… The point is, I picked up Avalon High based on the fact that it was written by Her Fabulousness, not really giving much thought to the fact that its plot involved Arthurian legend in a contemporary high school setting.

As fate would have it, the Arthurian elements ended up being one of my favorite parts of this book. Sometimes it’s annoying when the boy-interest in a book is TOO perfect and flawless. Or more often, so perfect that HIS FLAWS are even perfect.* But when the boy interest may or may not be a reincarnation of King Arthur, well, there’s a perfectly understandable built in excuse! As an embarrassingly huge fan of the TV show Merlin, I can forgive all sorts of sins when you throw a nice cloak of LEGEND and DESTINY over the top!

For my full review, and others like it, please check out My Sister's Bookshelf!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Avalon High.