Andrea Guy's Reviews > Chasing McCree

Chasing McCree by J.C. Isabella

May 23, 2012

bookshelves: young-adult, readingaddictionbooktours, 2012-reads, ebook
Read in May, 2012

I wanted to take part in this tour because I had heard some buzz on a Livejournal community about this book and I wanted to see what it was all about. It has a super cute plot. Cowboy and a rich girl cheerleader. Sure it sounds like something that has been done before, but the story is such a fun read, that it doesn't matter, especially with the cast of characters that she creates.

You love Briar from the minute that she meets Chase, drunk and thinking she has 4 legs! And then there's her grandma! OMG! Briar's gram joins the ranks of cool old ladies, like Grandma Mazur!

This book reminded me of the YA books I read when I was in high school. Not that there's anything old fashioned, but because it was a sweet love story, complete with all the proper twists and turns necessary to keep you turning the pages. This is definitely a YA I can recommend! Plus no vampires, witches etc...which I really think are getting old. Its nice to see a normal contemporary romance for the YA crowd, and J.C. Isabella delivers that nicely!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing McCree.