Jeanie's Reviews > Keeping the Heart

Keeping the Heart by John Flavel

May 23, 2012

Read from May 23 to 25, 2012

I love reading the insight of those long ago. Those who do not have the distractions we have today. Survival and the main needs of the day were at the forefront but today, we think about what we will wear, what restraunt we will eat, go on vacation. No wonder our hearts can be far from God. This book is a detailed look at the heart. By understanding the diligent and constant use of all holy means to preseve the soul from sin...the motive...and the fears of our heart. The comfort of our our souls much depends on the keeping of our hearts. How we understand grace comes from keeping our heart unto the Lord. We can be very careless. I saw that reading this. How careless I have been. Prayer and the heart are meant to be together. I thought it was very insightful of Flavel ..."Satan is angry and discontented spirit. He finds no rest but in restless hearts." This read is a reflection of the heart, that we would find peace and the knowledge of who God is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Keeping the Heart.

05/24/2012 page 25
23.0% "How to obtain a heart from despair...not by extraordinary revelation but by subjecting my understanding to the word and comparing my heart with them."