Andi Newberry ~Tubbs's Reviews > Five Miles South of Peculiar

Five Miles South of Peculiar by Angela Elwell Hunt

May 23, 12

Read in May, 2012

GOOD GRIEF!!!! The twins in this book needed a good knock upside the head! I swear they were both whining about something! Carlene about how Darlene took Griff from her, and Darlene about how Carlene got all the attention. I don't know how many times I wanted to throw the book across the room for their behavior! It was on my kindle so that wasn't happening.

Nolie, their younger sister was the only one with any sense at all!

Angela Hunt has written a great book about forgiveness, moving on, finding peace with the past.

These sisters had their own demons to deal with. Carly must find a new way to handle not being able to sing on Broadway, and she does. Darly, has the demon of not being loved by her husband, Griff who died, because she had stole him from her twin Carly; and now she is seeing the Mayor Henry. When Carly arrives all of Darly's fears come back. Nolie was stood up at the altar and has put everything into her garden, her dogs, and making aprons for the people of Peculiar. Then one day Erik, a minister comes to Sycamores because his wife left him, and his church let him go because they didn't think he'd be a good pastor being divorced. He is told about Sycamores and becomes their handyman. There are lots of new beginnings and healed hearts. This is a great read and one to toss in your beach bag for the summer! Don't miss it!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Five Miles South of Peculiar.