Nookmom (Courtney)'s Reviews > Blood Betrayed

Blood Betrayed by Gabrielle Bisset

May 23, 12

bookshelves: for-bbpr-review
Read in May, 2012

So glad to have been introduced to this series! The first book, Blood Avenged, is definitely must read as this book picks up right where the first book leaves off. No time is wasted repeating the everything you already learned and things pick up quickly.

Saint is marked for death by the Archons and while he is not particularly liked by the other Sons of Navarus, he is still one of them and important in bringing down the crooked Archons. So it is decided he must go in to hiding and Solenne has offered her help. Big problem! Solenne is the only woman Saint has every loved and do to the terrible pain she caused him and her betrayel, he has spent the past century as a loner and even missed seeing his brother before his death. It's easy to understand his anger toward Solenne but there are more sides the to story he is not aware of.

There were so many plot twists in this story! It really kept me on the edge of my seat. I want to talk about so many things that had me stunned, but I can not without giving away spoilers. I will say I was quite shocked at my own reaction to Vasilije and Teagan. I LOVED Vasilije in the first book and felt horrible for him over Teagan's death. The author does a fantastic job of showing her characters from other points of view and after seeing Vasilije from Saint's memories and the current way he behaves, my feelings for him have changed.

This is a fantastic series and I can not wait to read the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Betrayed.