Adriana C's Reviews > Dreamless

Dreamless by Josephine Angelini

May 29, 2012

bookshelves: e-arc
Read from May 23 to 26, 2012

I started reading Dreamless immediately after finished reading Starcrossed and it started right after the first book left off, Lucas and Helen love each other but they can´t be together because their love is forbidden, but at the same time they can´t stay apart so Lucas tries to make Helen to hate him, honestly I didn't like the way he handled it, he treats her really bad.

Also at the end of Starcrossed Helen discover that she´s a descender and she´s the only scion who can descend to the underworld to find and try to defeat the furies, and stop the cycle of vengeance. In this journey through the underworld Helen is not alone, she gets the help of Orion another scion from other house.

Helen is exhausted all the time because she descends at night to the underworld, at first she´s alone and she doesn´t know what to do and she desperate because in the real world she´s having problems with her friends and also is suffering because Lucas gives her the cold shoulder. At this point Helen meets Orion in the underworld a scion that help her with her task and they become friends and the more time they spend together the closer they become and that could complicate things even more.

In Dreamless - yes, we got a love triangle and I'm not thrilled about it because Orion is such a lovable character, he´s strong, gorgeous, super hot, honest, he cares for Helen, he´s selfless and has a background story that melts my heart and I can´t find anything wrong with him. I LOVE Orion!

Lucas is absent for much of the book and he´s angry all the time because of the situation with Helen and also he´s having other problems but he truly loves Helen. I love him also.

Dreamless is amazing, I really loved it! I like where this story is heading, can´t wait to read the next book in the series. Some of the Greek gods made their apearence in it; if you love Greek mythology you definitively going to love this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamless.

05/25/2012