J. Marie Ravenshaw's Reviews > Dastardly Bastard

Dastardly Bastard by Edward Lorn

Jun 05, 12

Read on May 23, 2012

What if you were forced to relive your worst memories? The memories of events that you would only ever want to go through once in your life, if that. What if those memories were being used against you and altered so that you couldn’t tell what was real or imagined. What if those memories could be taken from you? Memories, good and bad, are what shape us into the people we are today. Would you WANT to lose them?

‘Dastardly Bastard’ was a fantastically written tale. My eyes were glued to the page right up until the very last sentence. A group of unlikely companions end up on a nightmarish tour of Waverly Chasm. The characterization in this book was nothing short of amazing. Edward Lorn allows his reader to get to know this eclectic mix of characters; to care for them as if they were their own family or friends.

The vivid visuals are sure to send a chill up your spine or even, in some instances, make you laugh out loud (chapter 35) or even tear up a bit (chapter 39). One character gives me the creeps every time she pops up. If you read the book, you’ll know exactly who I am speaking of.

From the first introduction- in the form of an intriguing poem, we wonder just where this journey will lead. Edward Lorn definitely takes us on an emotional roller-coaster ride with this action packed book. Well, I must say, what a ride it has been! I highly recommend giving it a read. You WONT be disappointed!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dastardly Bastard.