Kelly's Reviews > Lover Reborn

251943
Aug 30, 12

bookshelves: physical-books, paranormal-romance, 2012-favorites, read-in-2012
Read from August 29 to 30, 2012

As a hardcore BDB junkie, part of me wanted to read this book as soon as I got my hands on it and part of me was worried that I'd end up a sodden, weepy mess who needed large quantities of therapy so my life didn't spiral down into an endless sea of emotional pain. It's highly possibly that I expected too much of this book because as much as I loved Tohr's story, I'm not emotionally crippled after reading it. This is a good thing. My therapy hour is getting awfully crowded with all my literary moaning.

Anyway. Tohr's story is sad and emotional and it's a journey that he has to take. Not just to free Wellsie, but because he's locked so deeply in his own grief that he's no longer living. The same could be said for No'One. She's locked in the past, unwilling to live her life as more than a servant. The two of them are pretty screwed up and it takes a whole lot of work to get them to the point where they're on the same wavelength.

I'm still kinda digging Xcor and his Band of Bastards. I *really* want things to work out and get those nasty fighters fighting alongside the Brothers but I sense a long, bumpy ride ahead of them. I did love the whole Xcor/Layla interaction and that Xcor had a bit of a change of heart as far as his Bastards are concerned. I want to know more about Throe and his tragedy. I want I want I want.

One thing that I felt was that there was a lot of set up for the future going one here. The idea of admitting males who don't fit the strict bloodline rules into the Brotherhood could open up a whole lot of doors down the road. Xcor had a fundamental change in his way of thinking that could very well lead to big, big things. I'm excited. EXCITED!

Also... Qhuinn and Blay, I'm ready for you!

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Reborn.

message 1: by Kristilyn (new)

Kristilyn I'm not even reading past the star rating ... I NEED TO START READING THIS SERIES!

Shivanie I so have to stop putting off reading the rest of this series seriously....I can't wait to get to this book he is one of my fave brothers....Awesome review i want to read even more now :)

@Kristilyn If you haven't started it yet i suggest you do it's an awesome series and all the characters are so loveable i can't decide which ones is the top of the list :)

message 3: by Kristilyn (new)

Kristilyn Shivanie wrote: "I so have to stop putting off reading the rest of this series seriously....I can't wait to get to this book he is one of my fave brothers....Awesome review i want to read even more now :)

@Kristil..."

I've heard so many good things! I bought the first two books in the series -- I just have to find the time to start reading them!

Shivanie I loved the first one Dark Lover but i wasn't too fond of the second I love Rhage but i'm not so interested in Mary but they were good books....For me if it was a life of death situation right now i would chose Dark Lover out of all 4 i've read so far lol