Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Stars & Stripes

Stars & Stripes by Abigail Roux

Posted on Under the Covers

Just when I thought I couldn’t love this series any more than I already do, Roux gives us a fantastic, heartfelt, yet adventure-filled ride with STARS & STRIPES! This book blew my mind from beginning to end. Just 30 pages into this book, Roux had me laughing out loud and also crying with the amount of heartbreak. If there is one M/M couple out there who has my heart, it’s Ty and Zane. The trials and tribulations they have experienced by being together are finally brought up in STARS & STRIPES. Readers who have been following this series will finally get what they have been praying for: Ty and Zane come out to their parents. But the reveal isn’t an easy one.

Their parents are just now finding out that their children are gay and they don’t always take it well. Some are more accepting than others and that just warms my heart, but at the same time, there are a few who simply can’t stand the fact that their son is gay and it just breaks my heart to read about this happening to my two favorite guys.

Added to that stress is the fact that Zane’s father has been shot in Texas. So Zane takes a trip back home where he hasn’t been in a while to try and figure out what has happened. It turns out that more is going on because dangerous animal predators, the Benal tigers are going missing from their shelters. Panic arises in Texas as these tigers continue to be taken.

In comes Ty, providing a helping hand (even though one hand is broken), yet nothing can separate Ty from Zane. They are in it together and when Zane is feeling the wrath from his mother, Ty is there to remind him that he is not alone.

STARS & STRIPES was a thrill to read from the very first page. Roux seems to have taken this series in stride and doesn’t seem like she has any intentions of slowly down anytime soon. It was perfect, the ideal blend of the wickedly entertaining hysterics and so much passion and love. So much.

Worthy of note is the Roux’s ability to write sex scenes. I’ve read so many sex scenes both of the M/M genre and not, but none of them can truly compare to the ones we’ve seen in this series and particularly this book. Roux fuses rough, dirty rutting with passionate embraces and lingering kisses. It’s as if Roux possesses a secret ingredient that she adds into these scenes to make them more delicious. Whatever it is, I hope she had a hoard of it in her keeping. It’s gold!

STARS & STRIPES is easily one of my favorite reads of 2012 and Ty and Zane are my favorite M/M couple ever. Roux just writes on a higher calibre and I think STARS & STRIPES tops even that!

Favorite Quote #1:

“Is that a mirror in your pocket, baby?” he said to Clancy with a goofy leer. “’Cause I can sure see myself in your pants.”

Favorite Quote #2:

“How is it that you love cats so much and hate all other forms of animal?”
Ty frowned. “I don’t hate all other animals.”
“Horses. Dogs. Chipmunks.”
“They’re twitchy, Zane. And chipmunks have shifty eyes.”
“They have erratic flight patterns!”

*ARC provided by publisher

P.S. I am stoked about a character named Annie in this. Just. Because.

Want more? Check out my interview with Abigail Roux on Under the Covers

20 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stars & Stripes.

Quotes Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Liked

Abigail Roux
“I love you," Ty said out of the blue, his voice almost sing-song.
Zane laughed. "You're drunk."
"I loved you before I was drunk.”
Abigail Roux, Stars & Stripes

08/03/2012 page 5
1.71% "I'M SO EXCITED *happy dance*"
08/04/2012 page 69
23.63% "Omg! I love this book so hard!!" 2 comments
08/04/2012 page 74
25.34% "I require uninterrupted reading time with this book. It's like crack."
08/04/2012 page 192
65.75% "No no Noooo!"
show 3 hidden updates…

Kelly Page 192---- WHAT????!!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Kelly, I Don't want to spoil but omg, nearly had a heart attack!

message 4: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue Nearly so that means you recovered....a little!!!

message 6: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue Thank god for that!! How lucky are you to be reading this NOW!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I know. I got so lucky!

But don't worry ladies! You'll get it soon and know that it is FREAKING AWESOME!!!

message 8: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue They just keep getting better! Really! A & D was just off the gauge for me - it fills me with total bliss (sad really LMAO!)

Kelly I can't wait! And I'm pretty sure I'll be turning to page 192 first!. I am going to have to find out what's on that page! :-)

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) No, it's so true Sue! I thought they were all so great, but omg I think she has really hit her stride with them now. So so good!

Kelly!!! I hope you start from the beginning! LOL I don't want to spoil anything for you! :P

message 11: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue No Kelly! You cannot do that! I agree Annie, Abi (bless her heart and soul!) gave the fans what they really wanted in A&D and we soooooooo love her for it :-)

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I think when you read this one, you'll be even MORE HAPPY :D :D (sorry to tease you like that, but i won't spoil for you! I want you to be surprised like me :D)

message 13: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue Squeeeeee! You are making me tingle all over!!! This will be the longest week. Thanks for this tease - all good :-)

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Haha, once you've read it, I hope you find me and let me know what you think! :)

message 15: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue I will make sure I do. I'll send a friend request here so I can catch you :-)

Kelly You didn"t spoil it at all. If anything, you ratcheted up the anticipation :-). I'll give it my best effort not to read it first, and not rush to get there. I'll be watching for my email notification Saturday so I can download the minute it hits!
From the sound of it, OMG!!!! is pretty much all I'll be able to say! Can't wait!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Accepted Sue!

Yay Kelly! You'll love it!

Kelly Sue wrote: "No Kelly! You cannot do that! I agree Annie, Abi (bless her heart and soul!) gave the fans what they really wanted in A&D and we soooooooo love her for it :-)"

Lol! I'll do my best! Have a feeling it'll be hard, though. Thinking, even if I cave, Abi will have enough twists and turns that it'll have no context, and won't ruin the read :-)......but I'll try to resist!
Counting Down..

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I feel like the books have been getting better and better!

message 20: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue I agree! I absolutely loved F&C then when I read A&D I was blown away. And judging by your reaction to this one, it's ramping up another notch!!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I hope I'm not hyping it up. But truly, I loved reading every moment of it :)

message 22: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue Hype away all you like - I know it will be greatness!

Mandie *Foxylutely Books!* I am so jealous you have read this! Whaghh! But I am a giddy kipper - the chaps will be here with me this week. Hell yeah!

message 25: by Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) (last edited Aug 06, 2012 02:04PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Mandie! Don't worry! When you get your hands on it, you'll love it a much as I did! I'm sure of it!

Mandie *Foxylutely Books!* Oh I am sure I will love it. The Rouxminator will have done it again fo'sure, fo'sure! haha

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Haha Rouxminator! Love that!