Jennifer's Reviews > Rebel Angels

Rebel Angels by Libba Bray

May 24, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from May 23 to 24, 2012

I liked Rebel Angels more than its counterpart. My biggest issue with A Great and Terrible Beauty was the characters and their actions so I was happy to see Gemma standing up for herself more (though why is she able to stand up to teachers and would-be suitors and not her friends?). I'm still not sold on Gemma's friends. Ann is constantly worrying about her appearance and follows Felicity where ever she may lead her, even knowing it’s wrong. I'm convinced Ann will do anything to make herself beautiful, even if it involves stabbing Gemma in the back. I was happy to see Felicity fleshed out a bit more, I understand her a tad more now after finding out her secret past.

I could have done without the prologue, it would have been lovely to find out Kartik's intentions organically and not be told outright, it took away from his story line in my opinion.

All in all, the story was filled with a lot more conflict and action which made for a better story. I also enjoyed watching the girls in Victorian England and attending functions away from school.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rebel Angels.