Tyra Berger's Reviews > Sometimes It's Fate

Sometimes It's Fate by Angela S. Stone

Jan 11, 13

bookshelves: 2012
Read in May, 2012

I really, really liked this book, but I have to tell you that I was completely emotionally spent at the end. This author is incredibly good at painting a picture with her words, I felt almost voyeuristic while reading. It's also one of those novels that once I started it I was compelled to finish it, I HAD to know what was going to happen next in the lives of Jason and David.

Jason and David are partners at work. David is a divorced father of three and Jason is an in the closet gay man who has been in love with David for years. When David overhears a conversation that Jason is having and realizes Jason is gay he starts to reevaluate the feelings he has for him. But a relationship between the two men won't be easy, there is an ex-wife, homophobic co-workers, children and a possibly devastating health condition that the two would have to deal with. They have to decide if their love is strong enough to even try.

This story really runs the gamut of emotions and feelings, from laughter and tears to some really beautiful love scenes between the men. Ms. Stone's storytelling will draw you in and make you feel a part of their lives. It is one of the most realistic feeling books that I have read in quite a while.

There are a few editing problems, a couple of phrases that are very repetitive and a few threads that were left open and felt out of place because they were not addressed. I am hoping theses things will be addressed in the following books in the series.

If you are looking for a beautiful, realistic story about real life situations and the feeling that sometimes fate gets it right, then Sometimes it's Fate is one that you don't want to miss.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sometimes It's Fate.