Jill's Reviews > Swagger: 10 Urgent Rules for Raising Boys in an Era of Failing Schools, Mass Joblessness, and Thug Culture

Swagger by Lisa Bloom

F 50x66
May 23, 12

liked it
Read in May, 2012

I loved Ms. Bloom's last book, Think. As a mother of a boy who confesses not to really understand boys, I was excited to read Swagger to see what the author had compiled as to how to successfully raise a son. It was a good book, but not terrific. I think the biggest problem I had with it is that I don't know who her target audience is. Duh, it is parents of boys. Yes, but on the other hand, I do think that for a majority of the parents inclined to pick up this book, the ten rules she offers are rather simplistic. Probably, most of her readers are already following most of these rules.

There were great statistics and interesting tidbits that reinforce some things we are doing or plan on doing, so I'm glad I read it. I still would recommend this book to parents of sons, but don't expect the information to be earth shattering if you are already someone who has done a fair amount of reading about parenting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swagger.