Micah Persell's Reviews > Sweet Savage Blood, a vampire romance

Sweet Savage Blood, a vampire romance by Carolina Courtland

2009112
Jun 09, 12

Read in June, 2012

Unfortunately, this book just wasn't for me. A lot of the technical side of Carolina Courtland's writing distracted me from enjoying the story. The narration was told in present tense (She says/he says instead of She said/he said) which threw me for a loop each time I picked it up. The narration also "head hops," meaning, we jump inside different characters' heads without notice. Nora Roberts is probably one of the most famous authors who does head hopping, but most authors can't get away with it. There were also a surplus of characters. I was very interested in the two protagonists, but their romance was so often interrupted by other characters that I lost interest pretty quickly.
Now, I am not the book's target audience, and I can see teenaged readers loving this story. The romance is compelling, and the younger reader will not notice Courtland's technique. I wish all the best of luck to Sweet Savage Blood, and my apologies that I could not give it a raving review.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Savage Blood, a vampire romance.