Kwesi 章英狮's Reviews > Killing Time

Killing Time by Caleb Carr

Aug 17, 12

bookshelves: owned, caleb-carr, to-read
I own a copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killing Time.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Louize Hi. How soon are you going to read this?

message 2: by Maria (new)

Maria Aba Kwesi, you read Caleb Carr din pala.

Kwesi 章英狮 @Maria: Yap! I read his first book a long time ago diba I mentioned his works always last year. Hehe.

@Louize: I'm not sure when. I have lots of books waiting and by the way, why did you ask? Hehe.

Louize This is just sitting on my shelf.
I've been meaning to read this for some time, a buddy read might give me the push. Are you game?
Whenever your ready,though, I can wait. :)

Kwesi 章英狮 July if it's okay for you. Haha.

Louize Kwesi 章英狮 wrote: "July if it's okay for you. Haha."

Yup, sure!
Thanks!

message 7: by Maria (new)

Maria I love The Alienist and Angel of Darkness. :)

Louize Maria wrote: "I love The Alienist and Angel of Darkness. :)"

Favorites!

Kwesi 章英狮 @Louize: Sige, I'll remind you this coming July. Hehe.

And same here guys, I love The Alienits but never read Angel of Darkness because of the thickness. Haha. Slap face.

message 10: by jzhunagev (new)

jzhunagev Yes, let's do a buddy read of this. But I still have to read The Alienist and The Angel of Darkness. :(

Kwesi 章英狮 You still have a month to read those books but you can read this without reading that two. Yeah remember, you are that chronological guy! Pala.

Louize jzhunagev wrote: "Yes, let's do a buddy read of this. But I still have to read The Alienist and The Angel of Darkness. :("

Jzhun, this was soooo 2 years ago pa. Read it already, so, we'll be buzzing about this next time we meet.

Kwesi, the sequel may be thick, but you won't be able to put it down once you started. Knowing you, you'll be done in no time. After this, I want to read The Italian Secretary by Caleb Carr pa.

Kwesi 章英狮 Haha. How many Caleb Carr do you own anyway?

Louize 4 lang. I'm still in search of the The Devil Soldier by Caleb Carr.

message 15: by Kwesi 章英狮 (last edited May 24, 2012 03:17AM) (new) - added it

Kwesi 章英狮 I see, same here, I got four but I saw another book of Caleb Carr regarding the war (another non-fiction of his) in BS last year but I think, I better stick to his fictions. Hehe.

message 16: by Maria (new)

Maria pinamigay ko na ang Alienist at Angel of Darkness ko. pero ang ganda nila pareho. :)

Kwesi 章英狮 Wow, richy!

message 18: by Maria (new)

Maria binili ko lang din sa BS un, i don't think i can reread them again so pinamigay ko na. scary kaya ang mga books na yan. O_o

message 19: by Kwesi 章英狮 (last edited May 24, 2012 05:27AM) (new) - added it

Kwesi 章英狮 Ay weh? I find it gore not scary but I don't have plans either because of the thickness. It's like having Stephen Kings' giant books looking at you.

message 20: by Maria (new)

Maria scary in a way that those things really DO happen. no matter what time or generation you're in, the ugliness of such brutality is a reality. :)

Kwesi 章英狮 Fine, fine. Haha.

message 22: by Maria (new)

Maria Whatev. :)

message 23: by jzhunagev (new)

jzhunagev Louize, The Italian Secretary is Carr's pastiche of Sherlock Holmes. Naghahanap din ako niyan. :)

Louize jzhunagev wrote: "Louize, The Italian Secretary is Carr's pastiche of Sherlock Holmes. Naghahanap din ako niyan. :)"

Louize Anak, when are we reading this?

Kwesi 章英狮 Nay, if you want we can buddy read this next week. Haha.

Louize Kwesi 章英狮 wrote: "Nay, if you want we can buddy read this next week. Haha."

Ok, no problem, basta di ka na busy masyado sa school.
We'll ask Jzhun if he's joining us.

message 28: by jzhunagev (last edited Jul 16, 2012 09:33PM) (new)

jzhunagev Louize wrote: "I got it by chance lang din, like every thing else in BS, so I held on to it kahit na paperback edition lang. I may not get that chance again. :)"

Update: I found a hardcover first edition of The Italian Secretary a month ago! Saya! ^.^

Louize wrote: "Ok, no problem, basta di ka na busy masyado sa school.
We'll ask Jzhun if he's joining us."

However, I want to get to know Laszlo Kreizler first; and yes, that means I'm also on the hunt for a hardcover first edition of The Alienist.
I already! Haha! :D

Louize Aw, inggit naman! Congrats ha!
Hope you find a hb copy of Alienist soon. ;p

message 30: by Aldrin (new)

Aldrin I saw a HB copy of The Alienist at Book Sale SM Clark last week. :p

message 31: by jzhunagev (new)

jzhunagev Aldrin wrote: "I saw a HB copy of The Alienist at Book Sale SM Clark last week. :p"

Naman, gurl... T_T

message 32: by Aldrin (new)

Aldrin Sorry, gurl. Had I known you're on the lookout for it, I'd have bought it for you.

message 33: by jzhunagev (new)

jzhunagev Aldrin wrote: "Sorry, gurl. Had I known you're on the lookout for it, I'd have bought it for you."

It's all right. *beso*

Kwesi 章英狮 O_O Haha.

Kwesi 章英狮 Mommy, we'll read this tomorrow ha? Ilang chapters gusto niyo po sa isang araw?

Louize The book has pretty short chapters... Is 7 chapters a day okay with you?

Kwesi 章英狮 Yap! Haha.