Melissa Field's Reviews > Fashioning a Romance

Fashioning a Romance by Libby Mercer

May 24, 12

Read in May, 2012

I really love the writing of Libby Mercer. It is effortless, breezy and has a natural rhythm to it. I also love that she has a sense of humor and uses it to give the characters more spice and life. At the end of the book its noted that Libby worked in fashion, and this really came through in the book. She loves to talk about fabrics, clothing and the creation of clothing.

For anyone looking for a summer read this book has come out at the perfect time! It is a light-hearted love story that I enjoyed reading every night until the last page. Libby is by no means cynical and she seems to really enjoy telling an old fashioned romantic story. I especially loved living through Caitlin and her adventure in Europe since I now call Europe home. John is a hoot of a character with his immense knowledge of art and literature.

This is the second book I've ready of Libby and I am really becoming a big fan. I also just picked up her free short story Espresso Machiato which is unbelievably good and fun for being free.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fashioning a Romance.