Stephanie's Reviews > Inescapable

did not like it
bookshelves: terrible
Recommended for: no one
read count: unfortunately, 1

I tried really, really hard to like this book. I just... ugh, I just couldn't. Everything was so one-dimensional, I didn't feel anything for any of the characters. There was no build up, it was like crap would pop out of no where. "Oh, I hate you Reed because you're mean to me *wahh* but I love you because I can't stay away from you. Oh Russel with an annoying country accent (I'm from Texas and it was still annoying)who is supposed to be my 'soul-mate' but yet I still love Reed... I'm in love with you too!" Give me a break! Definitely not continuing the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inescapable.

04/15/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Lectus (new)

Lectus This books sounds sooo much like Twilight! She's attracted to him but he acts like she's poisonous...? Right.

Stephanie I kept shaking my head while I was reading... I kept waiting for something to pop out and say " HAH jayy kayy!" with a nice little set of spirit fingers. Never happened. Womp womp.

Kheda You're so right! It was so cliche and a total waste of time.

Tyler Ball You guys are so wrong! Sorry yall don't understand these books! What a shame!

Stephanie Personal preference and opinion. :)

Mike Abrahams I agree. Terrible.

The Russell accent particularly bad.

Stephanie Mike : I agree!! Makes us Texans all sound like hicks.

Book I totally agree with the accent! I'm from North Carolina and no one here talks like that. We do say y'all but seriously the author went a little to far with it. Other than that I did enjoy the book though. I'm just glad someone else found the language in here as annoying as I did.

Débora Poco I'm at 92% now and almost giving up. Honestly it's dragging and moves at a slow pace and Evie already knows that Russel is alive and yet she asked Reed 10000 times if he is really alive... Blah blah blah it's cliche and the dialogue is very poor, I didn't feel any chemistry between the characters throughout this book, there is no build up. I'm really disappointed and I'm sorry but I think that 5 stars for this book is pushing it, I'll be rating 2 stars for a couple of scenes I enjoyed because those scenes made want to carry on but then I just lost interest again.

Stephanie Débora wrote: "I'm at 92% now and almost giving up. Honestly it's dragging and moves at a slow pace and Evie already knows that Russel is alive and yet she asked Reed 10000 times if he is really alive... Blah bla..."

I read this like 3 years ago but it's awful-ness has stuck in my mind. 2 stars is generous! I don't know how this book has as many high ratings as it does!

Débora Poco I just read somewhere that this is a self published book, my guess is that this book not having and editor and probably no beta readers failed at compelling readers for the author's lack of attention to detail. I find it so cliche and just out of place between Evie and Reed, it's really awkward.

Stephanie Débora wrote: "I just read somewhere that this is a self published book, my guess is that this book not having and editor and probably no beta readers failed at compelling readers for the author's lack of attenti..."

I mean, Amy Bartol has published many books. It's not like this was her only one. It is, however, the only book I'll be reading of hers because I'm just not the right type of reader for her. Some people enjoy these types of books and that's fine, it's just not me. I'd rather spend my money on books I don't want to rip apart haha