Raine's Reviews > Conviction of a Witch

Conviction of a Witch by Suza Kates

May 24, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-romance

I was introduced to this series with book one (Whisper of a Witch) without knowing anything about this author. I was very pleased with the overall story and book, so I made sure to purchase book two right away!

This story picks up three months after book one, and continues on with the next witch's trial. This time the story focuses on Willyn, who is the coven's good girl. To balance out the goodness of her nature, the love interest is a bad boy... but ladies, who doesn't love the bad boy! At times her personality is too "good", but for the most part it is not over done.

I do like that this series is written in such a way that you can read each of these books as a standalone. It wouldn't be too hard to pick up on what is going on if a reader does get to them out of order. One thing I hate is to be introduced to a series late in the game and not know what is going on!I only had two problems with this book. One (and this was a problem with the first), it was a very fast read. I overlook that though because this was much less than a full priced book. Two, there was a part in the final battle that was a little overboard for me; however there isn't a hyper focus on it so I was able to let it go.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Conviction of a Witch.