Chelsie Hinds's Reviews > The Goddess Inheritance

The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter

May 16, 13

bookshelves: could-have-been-so-much-better, stupid-girls, romance, paranormal, the-disappointment-burns
Read from April 14 to May 03, 2013

I'm disappointed. I don't even have the will to explain why I've rated this book so low. It just didn't turn out at all like I wanted it too. I think Carter really wanted to focus more on Kate in this book, as opposed to making the entire book about Henry and Kate, which sounds interesting in theory but, at least for Aimee Carter, is not so in practice. Turns out, ironically, that a book primarily about Kate's choices and inward battles is about as interesting and well-written as a 10-year old's diary. By the end of this novel, I started to dislike Kate. It's unfortunate because in the first novel, I loved her. But I think becoming a goddess and a mother and having Henry has made her a little too full of herself. She's convinced she can save the day in every situation, which surprisingly she can, even though that is completely illogical.

And let's talk about logic for a minute, because this entire novel was completely devoid of logic. I know this is a fantasy novel but in terms of logistics and the likelihood of things turning out the way they should, this book completely went against everything that would have made sense.

For example:
(view spoiler)

I only gave this novel two stars because of Henry and his moments with Kate, though I could count them with one hand. I love Henry. I think he's perfect. But Kate...no. Just no.

Like I said, I am gravely disappointed with the ending to this series.

Pre-release review:

My oh my. I'm so in love with this series. And so ridiculously in love with Henry! The cliffhanger was sick. I've been going crazy. Luckily, Aimee has blessed us with brilliantly crafted novellas. However, I just can't wait until this book comes out. I'm going to get it the day of!!

The short clip of this book in Goddess Interrupted was crazy! Henry promises to be just as spectacular as he was in the last two books. Not to mention, the clip hints at the fact that we'll see narration centered around Henry. We'll be able to get in his head!! I can't take it!!

If you haven't begun reading this series, I urge you to do it now!! I don't regret the day I did. It is soo awesome! There will be times you will get annoyed with the characters, but any good reader will get frustrated with the characters. But you will grow to love them as I have.

I'm so sad that the series will come to an end with this book. But I look forward to more from Aimee Carter!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Goddess Inheritance.

04/17/2013
66.0% "I'm not impressed. Seriously, I feel like there has been zero plot progression in the last 200 pages. A lot of it has been Kate fantasizing about her baby, lying to Henry, or arguing with someone about what she can and can't do. Then there are these awkward moments between her an Cronus. I'm disappointed and I feel like I'm wasting my time. The ending had better be good or I'm giving this two stars."
04/30/2013
78.0% "I just feel like the author has taken the story to a point where it is no longer plausible for the characters to get out of this one alive. Yes, anything is possible. But I think she's running the risk of delivering a pretty crappy and cheesy ending. I can feel it. I'm just not entirely pleased with how things were set up. But we'll see how it goes. #homestretch"
05/03/2013
91.0% "Wow I wish Kate would get off Walter's back. She has no idea what he's been through. She's so stuck up and needy sometimes. It seems like she always needs someone to coddle her and someone to blame, even if that means she's blame herself. I can't take this book anymore. I liked Kate way more in the last book and I've gotten to the point where I hate her. This is ridiculous. Thank God I'm almost done."
05/03/2013 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Erin This is going to be the last book? :( I kinda wish she'd just keep writing. No ending ever! :( but every good thing has to end