Shay Williams's Reviews > Once Bitten

Once Bitten by Trina M. Lee

May 24, 12

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, paranormal, ebook
Read from May 22 to 24, 2012

I was to sum this book up on one word it would be 'Incredible'. I actually picked this book up for free through Amazon and I am so glad that I did as I will now be following this series.

Written in first person (and a very good first person at that) from Alexa's viewpoint, the reader is able to get up close and personal with her strengths and weaknesses. We get to see her grow and stumble backwards. And I do have to say that I find Lex to be the perfect blend of kick ass and insecurities to be an intriguing and memorable heroine.

Surrounding her are equally memorable loves, lovers and friends. I would love to see what happens with more then a couple of them. Oh yes I am going to pick up the second book.

The pacing is very tight and the dialogue snappy. ONE BITTEN has to be the best werewolf urban fantasy I have had the pleasure of reading this year. I recommend it to anyone that enjoys both the paranormal and urban fantasy. I think that it will also really appeal to readers of Kelley Armstrong.

And one gentle warning. There are some sex scenes but they are not too graphic. Oh and scenes of gore that might be.

I rate this book a 4.75.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Bitten.