Katria's Reviews > That Boy

That Boy by Jillian Dodd

May 22, 2012

Read in May, 2012

THIS IS DEFINITELY A MUST-READ.

"One boy will give me my very first kiss.
One boy will teach me to make out.
One boy will take me to prom.
And finally, one boy will ask me to marry him.
They will both be my best friends.
But only one of them will be the boy I fall in love with.
Only one of them is That Boy."

These lines caught my attention the minute I read it. I said to myself, "Aww, I want this. I want to know about Danny and Philip." And then when I started reading it, I just can't put the book down. It's a mix of romance, friendship and comedy-drama. I can HONESTLY say that this is one of the BEST CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE EVER WRITTEN.

Plus, I really enjoyed all the fun high-lighted pictures and doodles. :)

Thank you Ms. Jillian Dodd for existing and for having a wonderful talent that made us young girls be inspired and for ever hoping that we will also find "THAT BOY".
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read That Boy.

Quotes Katria Liked

Jillian Dodd
“When I think about the kind of guy I want to marry, I think I might prefer someone who knows where they are going. I mean a prince pretty much has his whole life planned out already, doesn't he? And this is important because I have no idea where I'm going or what I want to do with my life.”
Jillian Dodd, That Boy

Jillian Dodd Thanks for the great review!! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed my book. I'm amazed at how readers are connecting with a bunch of crazy small town Nebraska kids. But I think you're right. I believe all of us can find true love. It's not just for fairytales :) I also saw you're reading about their wedding right now!! Hope you are enjoying it!! After the tragedy in Jadyn's life, she sort of stopped growing up. I'd even venture to say she took a few steps back in the growth process. It was very fulfilling for me to allow her to grow up and deal with some issues in That Wedding.