Asinger's Reviews > Babe and Me

Babe and Me by Dan Gutman

U_50x66
May 22, 12

Read in May, 2012

Dan Gutman wrote the book Babe and Me. The novel has a total of 155 pages. This book takes place in the 1900’s. A boy named Joe Stoshack has the ability to travel though time using baseball cards. Joe can take any old baseball card he wants and travel to the time in which the card was manufactured. Joe and hid dad go back to the 1900’s to meet Babe Ruth.
This book had some very exciting parts where I just could not put it down. It really made me think of my baseball games and how I step up to the plate to hit the ball. This book is very special to me because it really takes me back to when I was 12 years old like Joe and hitting a baseball. This book is just like watching a movie, it is so exciting you never want to quit reading!
I truly think this is a great book but I do wish Dan Gutman could have made Joe a little bit older. It doesn’t seem like a 12-year-old boy would be doing some of the things that Joe is doing throughout the book. For example, Joe knows how to gamble and lie like an adult would yet he is only 12! This doesn’t make much sense to me. On the bright side Dan Gutman did use a easy to read font and a nice kid friendly word choice. I really enjoyed reading the book because of the way it was written.
I honestly believe that this is a great book and that Dan Gutman did an outstanding job of writing it. The way he writes really makes me feel as if I were in his book. Gutman uses lines such as “ooooooooooh!” yelled the crowd. This happens when Babe smacks a ball over the fence three times in a row. In a real game you would here the exact same noise from the fans. The way Gutman described the event made it seem as if I was at the game watching “The Babe” smack the ball out of the park. This book is an amazing read and I would definitely recommend it to boys and girls of all ages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Babe and Me.