Christy's Reviews > Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson

May 22, 12

Read in May, 2012

I can’t believe I finally finished it! Actually, I listened to the audio version, which is read by a narrator with a very flat voice, but luckily, the story jumped through just fine. And even though the audio version is 20 disks long, when the last disk came up, I said to myself, “It can’t end! He’s going to die!” Steve Jobs was often sullen, unpleasant, and hurtful to those who loved him, but his charisma and genius, and yes, even his warmth, defined his life. This is the guy, after all, who gave us the iPod, the iPhone, and the iPad, not to mention those wonderful Pixar movies. He was obsessed with computers and electronics his whole life long. The early chapters of the book are a trip down memory lane for those of us who remember the first home computers. (In 1989, when Chuck and I first considered buying a computer, the big question was whether or not we should pay extra for a hard drive.) Even though I’ve never purchased an Apple product, (I’ve always waited for the cheaper clones) I’m grateful that Steve Jobs was obsessed with changing the world. He changed mine.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steve Jobs.