Sena Smith's Reviews > A Living Nightmare

A Living Nightmare by Darren Shan

U_50x66
May 22, 12

Darren Shan is a normal boy who goes on a not-so-normal adventure. His life will change forever when he and his friend Steve sneak out to a forbidden freak show. A certain “freak”, Larten Crepsley (a vampire that can mind control a giant spider), will have the most impact on both of these boys, since Darren loves spiders, and Steve wants to become a vampire.

I can relate to Darren because I have done things that I was too scared to do, just like when Darren went to the freak show. I also know what it feels like to lose someone I love. I have felt the same pain at the funeral as Darren’s family.Darren also has a really close friend that he would do anything for, and I'm the same way.

I liked this book because every moment was exciting. My favorite part was when Darren and Steve were at Cirque du Freak, and Darren was describing all of the freaks. Steve was my least favorite part, because he was so mean and creepy. I wish there were some funny parts, because it was a little too creepy..

I would recommend this book to some people. This book is creepy and sometimes really weird, so it is not for everyone. It was still entertaining, though and a fast read. I would give this book 3 out of 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Living Nightmare.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey I've seen the movie before but I haven't read the book. I'm glad you liked the book. (: