Michael Emond's Reviews > Miracleman, Book Two: The Red King Syndrome

Miracleman, Book Two by Alan Moore

May 22, 2012

Read from September 30 to October 02, 2016 , read count: 2

This is volume two - so does it continue the excellence of book 1? Not as much. We lose the thrill of the new world Alan Moore is introducing us to that we had in book 1. Not his fault but that's what happens. The villain in this book is just as threatening as the first book but the last third, the birth of the child, seems very sloppy and rushed. Not helping matters is the revolving door of artists. This is a true shame since the first artist on the book was so stellar. The artist who finishes off this volume is WAY below average and it took me out of the story.
There are still some great ideas here and Moore's story writing ability is still top notch but it isn't the same standard as the first book.

Also - the book itself is a rip off as was the first volume in terms of price versus content. Again we have 120 pages of story and 120 pages of filler. Here's hoping they collect all the volumes together one day at a reasonable price. But I shouldn't hold by breath.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miracleman, Book Two.

10/03/2016 marked as: read