Caroline's Reviews > Neverdark

Neverdark by C.S. Einfeld

Sep 13, 15

Read in May, 2012

I received a copy of Neverdark to review as part of the Read it and Reap event from the Shut Up & Read community here on Goodreads.

This is a really sweet little fairy tale with a bit of a modern twist where feisty fairy Princess Fiera sets off on a quest to save her kingdom and delivers a good environmental message along the way.

I really liked the world the author created and the variety of creatures Fiera meets on her journey. I thought the plot and tone were appropriate for a middle grade book (which it's intended to be), and I appreciated the strong female lead. I especially liked that the author managed to make her a take-charge kind of fairy, but without falling victim to the trend to make her tough by making her "anti" girly things. You can be tough and still like pink/dresses/whatever! Frustrates me to no end when books aimed at tween/teens perpetuate the opposite notion, but I digress. Happily, Einfeld does a good job with this balance; a huge plus in my opinion.

Makes me wish I had a tween girl to pass it along to; maybe my nephews will sit still long enough to listen.
2 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Neverdark.

C.S. Einfeld Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review NEVERDARK! I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Sho Einfeld