Caroline's Reviews > Neverdark

Neverdark by C.S. Einfeld

May 22, 12

bookshelves: kidlit, fantasy
Read in May, 2012

I received a copy of Neverdark to review as part of the Read it and Reap event from the Shut Up & Read community here on Goodreads.

This is a really sweet little fairy tale with a bit of a modern twist where feisty fairy Princess Fiera sets off on a quest to save her kingdom and delivers a good environmental message along the way.

I really liked the world the author created and the variety of creatures Fiera meets on her journey. I thought the plot and tone were appropriate for a middle grade book (which it's intended to be), and I appreciated the strong female lead. I especially liked that the author managed to make her a take-charge kind of fairy, but without falling victim to the trend to make her tough by making her "anti" girly things. You can be tough and still like pink/dresses/whatever! Frustrates me to no end when books aimed at tween/teens perpetuate the opposite notion, but I digress. Happily, Einfeld does a good job with this balance; a huge plus in my opinion.

Makes me wish I had a tween girl to pass it along to; maybe my nephews will sit still long enough to listen.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Neverdark.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

C.S. Einfeld Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review NEVERDARK! I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

:o)