Nicole's Reviews > Lean Mean Thirteen

Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich

May 22, 12

Read in April, 2012

I loved this book just as much as I have loved all of the other Stephanie Plum books. Stephanie is great, as usual, and so are all of the other characters. The plot is also a work of art, not only does Stephanie get to spend some quality time with Ranger, she also has some of the most interesting FTAs I have ever read about, they help out with the plot so well that it is just amazing. An old man with exploding, taxidermy animals and a taxes-doing grave robber. Doesn't get any better than that, am I right? I just don't know how Evanovich does it.

It took me a little longer to read this book, despite its 5 star rating, because of one and only reason: the combination of Dickie Orr, Stephanie's cheating ex-husband, and Joyce Barnhardt, Stephanie's archenemy. Like all of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books, Lean Mean Thirteen is absolutely amazing. Probably one of the best series that I have ever read. Non-stop laughs. Except, when Dickie Orr is involved. Dickie Orr honestly makes me want to punt kittens across the 50 yard line of the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome in Minneapolis. He is arrogant, annoying, has an outrageous sense of entitlement, and is an honest to God asshole. The same can be said for Joyce. Dear God, she must have ESP to show up at the worst possible moments and make everything spin out of control. Other than these two characters, everything else is as wonderful as ever.

I highly recommend this book and series to people who are looking for something fun and quick to read. The characters will stick with you for life and that is something you just don't want to miss out on, is it?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lean Mean Thirteen.