Annah's Reviews > The Candy Shop War

The Candy Shop War by Brandon Mull

May 22, 2012

bookshelves: fantasy-or-sci-fi, young-adult
Read from May 22 to 23, 2012

This book was fantastic! The Candy Shop War made me feel like such a kid again! This story has a wonderful way of making even the most outlandish ideas seem like a true possibility. All the characters are remarkable and their separate stories and very in-depth. The kid inside you will scream with joy while reading this! I don't care how old you are, the idea of magic candy and magic in general goes to everyone's heart. We all have a secret magical fascination. This book had a wide range of very eclectic characters but it was never too much. Even the characters that were mostly supporting characters had their day. The writing was smooth and the book was kept exciting and fast-paced. I don't remember a single dull moment throughout. The Candy Shop War is a perfect coming-of-age novel for children. Everyone loves to put themselves in the characters shoes and feel like they're the heroes of the story, especially as children. How often do children save the day? In this book, it's every single day. Brandon Mull really has a way of knowing how to get into the hearts and minds of children. He knows what they will find exciting and their limits when it comes to being scared or frightened. I really enjoyed reading this book and it's a fabulous and adorable story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Candy Shop War.