Nicole Green's Reviews > Hard Eight

Hard Eight by Janet Evanovich

May 22, 12

Read in November, 2011

I know a lot of people who say that they loved the feeling of having finished a really good book. I think that's bull-crap. For me, I never want a really good book to end. That is exactly how I felt after reading Hard Eight. I remember getting to the last page and my brain just started screaming: "NOOOOO! I don't want it to be over!" Unfortunately, I had to put the book down, but I still felt very fulfilled in my desire to read not only a great book, but a great Stephanie Plum book.

Hard Eight has to be my favourite Stephanie Plum book so far. Despite the fact we were introduced to many more characters who will prove to annoy and/or complicate both Stephanie's work and love life, the fact that this book was so filled with non-stop action made up for all of that. Eddie Abruzzi is one of the most imaginative and evil characters in the Stephanie Plum series and has become one of my favourite literary fiction villains of all time. I don't know how Janet Evanovich is going to top Abruzzi, but then again, I had no idea how she was going to top Benito Ramirez from the first book.

I would highly recommend this book because, so far, it is the best Stephanie Plum novel I have ever read. The plot, the action, the characters, and the vast amounts of entertainment are enough to leave anyone and everyone pinned to their sits, unable to put this book down.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard Eight.