Mary Davis's Reviews > Wishful Drinking

May 22, 12

bookshelves: books-read-2012
Recommended for: Adults
Read on February 06, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Finally, after four hit novels, Carrie Fisher comes clean (well, sort of ) with the crazy truth that is her life in her first-ever memoir. In Wishful Drinking, adapted from her one-woman stage show, Fisher reveals what it was really like to grow up a product of "Hollywood in-breeding," come of age on the set of a little movie called Star Wars, and become a cultural icon and bestselling action figure at the age of nineteen.

This was an interesting glimpse into Carrie's life. Anyone who has read her books, or seen her in interviews and other places, has to know that her life has always been one of extremes. But she has kept her humor, and her outlook on life is amusing and interesting. It was very cool to see the pictures of her famous parents, and friends. A literal parade of the Hollywood elite that was an everyday reality for her. I laughed quite a bit, while all the time thanking my lucky stars that it wasn't something that happened to me. Carrie is one of those individuals whom I would like to go out on the town with once, but who would end up driving me up the wall. I enjoyed reading the book, as I have enjoyed her fiction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wishful Drinking.