Elisabeth's Reviews > The Vanishings: Four Kids Face Earth's Last Days Together

The Vanishings by Jerry B. Jenkins

Sep 21, 08

bookshelves: religious

I'm not sure how accurate these books are with what Revelation teaches about the End Times, but I was really young when I read the first two. I never read the rest of them. I know for sure that these, along with the adult version by Tim LaHaye are fiction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vanishings.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cade Walker this is a prophetic message and the events will happen in one form or another

Elisabeth I am aware that it is based on a prophetic message (the book of Revelation), but it is also a work of fiction. All I was saying was that I was not sure how much liberty Tim LaHaye took with the fictional aspect of it. I know that what is written in Revelation will happen, not necessarily what was written by Tim LaHaye. His works are not a portion of the inspired Word of God and in that case, anything within them that is not described within Revelations does not necessarily have to be true.

Elisabeth Things outside of Revelation that are within the books may happen, but it would be purely coincidental. I don't think Tim LaHaye would write books of this kind thinking that he was writing what would actually occur. He is a wonderful man and used Fiction to tell about the End Times in the hope that maybe some readers would come to understand better the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Elisabeth And by saying, "what would actually occur" I'm not talking about those things he took straight from the Bible, but rather about the story he created about the people going through it. Had to clear that up, just in case =)