Stacey Dickerson's Reviews > The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

F 50x66
May 23, 12

Read from May 22 to 23, 2012

The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins is an amazing book that I would recommend to anyone. It has a very high level of excitement throughout the book that keeps the reader interested. Reading this book, one can easily tell that Collins is not only a novelist, but also an American television writer because of the descriptive scenes and vivid imagery. This book is relevant to today's world issue dealing with a man named, Joseph Kony. He captures children and forces the boys to be soldiers and fight for him. When the boys grow older, they then capture younger children for Kony, continuing the never-ending cycle. This is similar to The Hunger Games because kids are captured by the Capitol to fight each other against their will. Just like Kony's never-ending cycle, the hunger games themselves, reoccur every year. Reading this book has given me a new appreciation for the freedom that comes with being a United States citizen. I realize that not everyone has freedom, so it should never be taken for granted.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.