Ivana S.'s Reviews > Oluja mačeva

Oluja mačeva by George R.R. Martin

Mar 25, 14

bookshelves: i-own, 2012, fantasy-paranormal-sf, favorites, great-books
Read from May 22 to September 12, 2012

A Storm of Swords was sooo good!

Everyone's all over the place – the Starks, the Lannisters, Daenerys, Jon Snow, Stannis Baratheon, Mance Ryder… I can't even decide which storyline was the most interesting to follow.

Some things were expected, but others were so shocking I had my mouth wide open half the time.

G.R.R.Martin outdid himself with this one and I got everything I needed to truly enjoy reading this book. I must say there was a lot of yelling, swearing, holding breath, shouting ''yes'' and ''finally'', but that only made the experience so much better.

Some characters died and while it was sad for a couple of them, others finally got what they deserved. (My favorites are still alive, but each of them went through hell to survive.)

Chapters with Jaime were really good. He finally showed that he has more than one dimension and it was great to follow his adventures and see him grow as a person. I liked him with Brianne. Their complex relationship was so much fun, she really brought that barely existing good side of him on the surface and made him more human.
The Hound was another nice touch. He got more ''space'' in this part too and I am surprised by how much I liked him.

Some situations were resolved in the most unexpected ways and the action was incredible. I thought that it can't get better after the Blackwater, but some parts of A Storm of Swords were even more exciting. Many questions were answered and secrets revealed, but twice as much were raised. Now I can't wait to see what happens next!

5 big shiny stars from me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oluja mačeva.

05/23/2012 page 135
06/21/2012 page 305
28.0% 3 comments
show 6 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Beatrix Ja ju sad čitam, stvarno SUPER knjiga!
Ma cijela serija je fanstastična! :D

Ivana S. Da da, i ja sam skroz oduševljena! I prije nego što sam počela čula sam da je dobra, ali me ipak uspjela pozitivno iznenaditi i bolja je nego što sam mogla i zamisliti. Šteta samo što ćemo izludit dok zadnja knjiga ne izađe :)

Beatrix Također :)