Mana's Reviews > Captive in the Dark

Captive in the Dark by C.J. Roberts

Jun 20, 12

bookshelves: erotica, bdsm, it-s-complicated
Read from June 15 to 19, 2012

seriously? you gonna leave me hanging in there?

CLIFF HANGERS I KEEEEEEL YOU

I did not expect this book to be this incredibly passionate and sad and dark and utterly emotional. i understand how CJ Roberts decided to make it into two books because she didn't want to take things out of the story. what makes this such a good story is the whole psychological way it is written so neatly that you connect with both characters of Livvie and Caleb. it might also takes you to a very dark places and put you in situations you never want to face or imagine in your life. often times i had give myself a break from continuing reading because once i drop the book it's not easy going back to the real world.

in so many ways, this book is brilliant. and since i'm left on edge of the cliff, i'll stick to my place there till the next book comes out.

hurry up Ms. Roberts! ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Captive in the Dark.

06/15/2012
36.0% ""He was going to have to break her down to her foundation before he'd have any chance of building her back up.""
06/19/2012
70.0% "oh shit this is getting so freaking twisted it's messing with my head.." 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rachel Fisci I loved this book it's one of those books you know whilst your reading it that you shouldn't enjoy it but you can't help it, and caleb well I just can't wait for the next book I loved him!!!

Mana Rachel wrote: "I loved this book it's one of those books you know whilst your reading it that you shouldn't enjoy it but you can't help it, and caleb well I just can't wait for the next book I loved him!!!"

i actually liked Caleb..a lot. even though he's so messed up..

message 3: by Rachael (new)

Rachael Wade I'm so thankful I read this right after the 2nd book came out. I need to know what happens to these people!

Mana Rachael wrote: "I'm so thankful I read this right after the 2nd book came out. I need to know what happens to these people!"
Yeah it is hard to catch up with it if you can't remember everything in the first book..