Karin's Reviews > The Seven Ages of Man's Best Friend: A Comprehensive Guide for Caring for Your Dog Through All the Stages of Life

The Seven Ages of Man's Best Friend by Jan Fennell

May 22, 12

bookshelves: dog, non-fiction, north-bay-library
Read from March 01 to May 22, 2012

I like how the book is organized- by age/ stage of a dog. So you can easily find the info you are looking for. This one is strictly information, some of this info is also in 'the dog listener' but because that is also a story, you'd have to dig for it.

I'm not a dog expert, so i'm presuming the info in the book about different behaviors at different ages is correct. Time will tell if i think she is wrong.

Some of the info is repeated in different sections but because it's a reference book this is ok. As i reread it, i hope it stuck in my head so i can use it effortlessly with my dog!

The only part i thot needed improvement is her section about rescue dogs. Or as she calls them: learning disabled due to past experience. I think she could have dealt with more of the issues in greater detail, esp. as many people ARE getting their new pet from a shelter/ rescue area.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seven Ages of Man's Best Friend.