InkBitten's Reviews > Lock and Key

Head Over Heels: 8
Bonus Features: Key Jewelry, Boy Next Door, Mommy Issues
Final Flavor: Sweedish Fish

Judged By Cover: Eh.
I am not completely sure why this cover didn't really speak to me as much as others, but I just really did not like it. The key looks out of place and I don't really like the shot of her leg's hanging off of the side of the boat. The color scheme is nice, but it doesn't really fit the mood of the story, but it is nice. It's just kind of an okay cover for me I don't like it but I don't hate it.

What's Up?
Ruby has been living alone ever since her mother abandoned her but when the police find this out everything changes. She is sent to live with her sister and her husband in a high class neighborhood Where she will attend an elite private school, nothing like she is used to. Not only does she have to deal with her sister who she thought had left her in the dirt with her mother when she went off to college, but also the boy next door, Nate. Nate seems to be interested in everything Ruby does, and eventually ends u having to take her to and fro school. But even if he does seem perfect, there is more to him than meets the eye, and Ruby must learn that sometimes you have to put others first to find your own happiness.

Time Of Day: Yeah!
Ruby is sort of like some of my friends in a way, she lives to survive and that's it. No goals or ambition just to keep living and make sure nothing goes wrong with that. She doesn't open up to many people, only ones she knows she can truly trust and that makes her life harder. She isn't able to tell anyone about her problems because of this, and this is what I think makes a good character.

Head Over Heels: 8

Nate was so sweet, all he wanted was to help her in whatever way possible, and there were some points where I was just like PLEASE KISS HER!! I really loved this relationship of the boy who had problems but didn't show them and seemed perfect, and they girl with the stoic exterior who didn't open up to anyone. It was really cute and well written!

Bonus Features:

Key Jewelry
The weird thing is before I bought this book I had been wearing a key on a black string that said dreams on the side. I really think that keys are a nice piece of jewelry and can really be worn with anything.

Boy Next Door
Who doesn't just love the boy next door? You know we all wish we had one.

Mommy Issues
Well she was abandoned by her mother so I think this is a necessary bonus feature today.

Final Flavor: Swedish Fish
These things are my favorite candy EVER but I know some people who cannot stand them. I feel like that would be the same with this book, A lot of people will love it and get sucked in to the romance and sweetness of their relationship, like the hopeless romantics that we know we are, and then some will just not be interested and go pick up a horror book. Luckily for me I like just about everything as long as it's written well. I thought that this book was beautifully written and will really reach out to the teenage audience, as well as the adult audience. I recommend this book to all of the romance lovers!! Go check it out and thanks for reading guys!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lock and Key.